How to prepare for Tanzania safaris, once you’ve decided to go on a trip to Tanzania, there are number of issues to be prepared before and during safari with No Limits Adventures, utilize the checklists below and on the following tabs to make preparing for your trip as easy as possible. Prepare for Tanzania safaris, In terms of packing, the biggest part of readying yourself for safari is choosing the right bag. You want something large enough to hold the essentials and keep them organized, but compact at the same time.. Safari vehicle are small, and you’ll likely be traveling with others, so space will be at a premium.
While we breakdown tasks into time frames starting with 6 months out from your departure date, we realize people may register for a trip much closer to the departure date.
All tasks should still be relevant and you may just need to adjust the completion of some tasks accordingly. To prepare for Tanzania safaris, visitors are required to carry a passport that is valid for six months beyond the intended length of stay.
how to prepare for Tanzania safaris – Travel Documents.
Passports and Visas
It is first aspects for Preparation of Tanzania safaris. All travelers will need a current passport with an expiration date of at least six months from the time of entry into Tanzania. Tanzania tourist visas can be purchased in advance through the nearest Tanzanian embassy, or upon arrival at the airport or border crossing.
Proper health preparations for the trip are your responsibility. You may be able to get your vaccinations from your own physician, but a travels clinic will be more familiar with the necessary vaccines and can also provide other helpful information. Be sure to also discuss malaria prevention with the travel clinic.
Travel and Medical Insurance
Tanzania Choice Safaris does not provide insurance for travelers. Speak with your travel agent or airline about options for travel insurance to cover personal accident, medical expenses and medical evacuation, repatriation, trip cancellation and loss of personal effects.
The weather may vary considerably throughout your trip, or even throughout the day, so plan on clothing that can be layered if it’s cool, or removed if it’s warm. Choose separates that can be mixed and matched, and avoid fabrics that require special care. Neutral colors are good for safari; avoid black and blue clothing as tsetse flies are attracted to those colors. Accessorize with modest jewelry. To respect cultural norms, avoid sleeveless blouses and short shorts or skirts.
Depending on your itinerary, consider a pair of sturdy closed-toe shoes in case of mud or rough terrain. Sandals will be appropriate for safari. Most days will be sunny, so bring appropriate sun protection: hat (wide-brim is best to protect the neck and ears), sunscreen, sunglasses.
Packing Tips for Preparation of Tanzania safaris
Packing for a trip like this is a delicate balance between bringing what you’ll need and not overloading yourself with luggage. As you review the packing list and determine what to bring with you, remember this
Essentials to pack in your carry-on bag:
- passport (keep a photocopy of your photo page in each of your suitcases)
- plane ticket and air travel itinerary
- International Certificate of Vaccination
- prescription and essential over-the-counter medications in their original containers
- money and/or ATM card [while in Tanzania, consider dividing your money between your bag, suitcase (well-hidden) and your passport carrier—if one of them gets lost or stolen you’ll still have another stash of cash]
- credit cards if you want to use them at the airports
- toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and any other essential hygiene items
- a few clothing items to hold you over a couple of days if your luggage gets lost
- valuables such as your camera
- small day pack/backpack for carrying items you need during the day
- small flash light
- mini sewing kit and safety pins
- extra batteries or charger for camera
- insect repellent
- lip balm with sunscreen
Use our Booking form below to get In depth Tanzania Safari packages.